You think you like it flooring ? Do you need a guide?
Nowadays, many people think they like the floor. But because this work is not very familiar, most do not know how to do it. Proper floor fitting is not a five-minute job. You need to know the work, to observe it and only then can you apply it to your base. Again, it is more practical than theory.
So here the guide will show you effective drinks for preparing the floor for tiles. Let's move.
Preparing the floor for tiles
I have divided this project into several parts. First, we will decide the type of tile for your floor. After that, remove the old tiles from the basement. Then you need to prepare the floor for the arrangement of the room.
You need to work hard for this project b ecause the life of the tile floor depends on it. If you can do it right, the tiles will become lighter. And the last step is to put the tiles on the floor. Hai ”de start s.
You need to choose the right type of tile for a long life and a better look. Here are some types of tiles.
- Porcelain tiles
- Ceramic tiles
- Glass plates
- Stone slabs
You need to consider their properties while choosing tile for your home. E.g, porcelain and ceramic tiles water resistant. They are made of dense materials. So they are recommended for bathroom and kitchen.
You should also decide the size of your tiles. The longer the tile, the less time it will take to install. The smaller mosaic will take longer to settle. If you are using small boards, check for pre-assembled mesh. This will make the tile process easier.
Choose the color that best suits your home. You can also choose wooden color boards. Consider the color of the furniture and the curtain.
Multiply the length by the width of the room you want to empty. Then add more than 10% from the surface. This 10% is also a backup for edges where it may be necessary to break the boards. So, finally, you will need this amount of tiles, according to the calculation.
Try to take the package that has the same mostly painted tiles. If you can't find one like this, then mix the plates of two boxes when installing them. So, the tiles with different dyes will mix, and the variation will become the beauty of the floor. Prepare yourself before you get the stack b ecause this work is long lasting and physical.
Remove the old tile and prepare the floor
You can place new boards over existing ones. But you need to make sure that the cover and the floor are in good condition. Remove any defects in the floor that can later damage your tile floor. In addition, by breaking old boards, you will not raise the height of the ground.
Here the process of removing old tiles is described in steps for your convenience.
- First remove the accessories and other furniture from the room and place them outside of you. For example, if they are re-tiling your bathroom, remove the toilet and vanity. Connect the drain with a cloth. So the sewage will not leak inside. For your living room, remove the TV and other furniture and place them in other rooms.
- Close the door so that dust does not enter other rooms. Instead, open the window. You can use a little fan to blow the dust out.
- Wear safety glasses and put it on the mask. Also , wear hand gloves.
- Using a hammer and chisel, disassemble a small portion of a tile. After breaking some plates, the process will become easier. Then, you just have to lift your chisel under other plates and use a hammer to push them. You can start doing it from the middle of a tile or joint lines. If you start from the grout lines, it will take time at first. But then the process will become faster and easier.
- Now check the material of your basement.
- Check for any defects - Slab minor cracks in concrete and mortar floors using concrete. If you have a wood substrate, you may need to replace some of the woodpiles. If your floor is not level, prepare your car level and pour it on the base. You can also u carpenter's leveler to check. In a word, make sure the floor is dry, level and even.
- Now rotate a tile membrane over the base in a corner. Cut the wall layer. Mark the edge where the membrane begins and ends. Count each membrane and its place on the floor. Use a knife to cut the round corner.
- Put it on the top of the membrane. Check if it will fit under the four. If it doesn't fit, scratch the door 1/8 inch above the tile. Now cut the door using a saw. You can remove the door and cut it using a circular saw.
- Now mix the mortar according to the instructions on the package. Keep the right density. Don't make it too lost or too hard. Put the cement, water and sand in a gallon or bucket and use a spiral mixer to mix it. Use a thin set modified for concrete floor and a thin set modified for plywood floors.
- Apply the mother on the ground, using the smooth part of the spatula. Then use the serrated part to make grooves on the floor. Combine it in one direction.
- Place the bottom of the membrane down in the grooved mortar.
- Finally, read the mortar over the seams and seal it to make it water resistant.
Congratulations! Your floor is ready for tiling.
The last few words
The thing you need to do now is make a plan because sandstone is a time consuming job. First, choose tile for your room and g ather the equipment. You will need glasses, gloves and masks for your protection. You will also need a hammer, chisel, squeegee, trowel, braid, spiral mixer, mortar, rags, etc. Thus, you would prepare the floor for the tile.